- Owner: World Bank
- Location: West Bank and Gaza Strip
- Duration: 2006-2006
- Type of Services:
The overarching objective of this study was to collect fresh data and assess the economic trends and the impact of the second Intifada on the local government (LG) sector over the time period of 2000-2005.
The World Bank will provide data from sample municipalities covering the period through 2005, which will need to be incorporated into the data tables. More specifically the study aims:
- To collect and analyze municipal revenue and expenditure data;
- To assess the overall impact of the crisis on service delivery and quality;
- To identify the broad LG coping strategies, including drawing a picture on the mounting municipal arrears; and,
- To analyze revenue adequacy question by estimating fiscal capacity of municipal governments.